Wednesday 27 December 2017

Graduation and presents

It's been a lovely calm and quiet evening. I enjoyed watching the Christmas lecturer from the Royal Academy about the use of sound to communicate. The lectures are for children and very interactive which makes them enjoyable. I then pulled out my bag lady and enjoyed a couple of hours stitching. I need to get some more embroidery floss as I've misplaced one of my storage boxes which had the colours I need for this project. I hope it's somewhere in the house but I may have taken it to Brownies to make friendship bracelets.

On the 18th December Kathryn graduated as a qualified teacher from Goldsmiths and we joined her at the graduation ceremony. We've been to the University before as she studied there for her first degree and her masters. 



I love that the reflection of the lights makes it look like she has a thought or speech bubble coming from her head.



The ceremony was fun and we went for dinner later with Olly, her boyfriend, and a couple of other friends. It made a great start to the Christmas period. She finished work the following day having completed her first term as an Art and Design and Textiles teacher at a secondary school.

Christmas was fun but very tiring as we had a full house. It also meant I didn't have any time for sewing but I did get some sewing related presents. I received several fat quarters. Quite a few were Christmas fabrics.




I have a couple of projects I wanted to complete for Christmas but didn't have the energy. I am now feeling like sewing and will start planning the new projects in the near future. That way they will be completed well in time for next Christmas, after all I have a full year to do it.


These fat quarters are such fun but I'm not sure how I'm going to use them yet.

Richard gave me a loom, which was such a surprise. I'm not going to set it up until all the Christmas decorations have been packed away. I'll take a photo once it's set up.

Earlier today Lucy spent some time painting my nails. The chemotherapy played havoc with them and they are only now growing strong. She thought it would be fun to play and I really enjoyed having them done. It was so relaxing and I love the beads on the ring finger nail.


I really must spend time massaging my hands with cream as my skin is so dry. 

Tomorrow is another day and I want to start the quilting on my compass quilt. The dining table is clear and I have no other commitments. I hope you've managed some 'me' time for stitching over the holiday period.

Lyndsey

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations to Kathryn! What a wonderful accomplishment! Your fingernails look nice. It's so nice to decorate oneself every once in a while. Pretty fabrics too.

    ReplyDelete