Wednesday 31 May 2017

Friends and stitching.

Today I'd agreed to meet up with Karen, since we haven't seen each other for a while. Karen, worked in the same place as me and we were friends and then a few years ago she became my boss. That worked well as neither of us took advantage of the other plus we also helped each other out as needed. Coming up two years ago she changed jobs and now we have to plan our meeting up. This is often difficult to do as we both have busy jobs and family commitments. Having agreed to meet at a set time Karen got delayed at work so we ended up spending just a couple of hours in a coffee shop chatting. My friend Karen is on the left in the photo. The picture was taken at the graduation ceremony in July 2015. I love the opportunity to dress up in the hood and gown.



The last couple of days I've been working away on Ernestine. I haven't quite finished her but I've decided I'll put her away at the end of this evening so I can concentrate on Beulah, who is the bag lady for June.



I'll make a start on Beulah tomorrow.  I still have Ernestine's hair, face and dog to do but I don't think I have time to finish her this month.


Tomorrow I have to do some marking and I also have blood tests and a clinic appointment before my treatment on Friday. I'm hoping to make time to to sew a couple more star blocks as I want to complete the star border this weekend if possible. John is busy on Saturday so I shall be on my own and I've planned a very slow day with some gentle sewing so I can move the compass quilt forward.

Lyndsey

1 comment:

  1. It's wonderful to meet up with friends you haven't seen for a while. Ernestine is looking fabulous. I'm just getting ready to start on my Beulah too. She's a little scary, I think.

    ReplyDelete