Sunday 15 November 2015

Slow stitching,organised.

Slow Sunday Stitching

Although I do some hand stitching during the week I always look forward to Sunday. Kathy over at Kathy's Quilts runs a great Sunday linky party for quilters who like to spend time hand stitching. Linking up with Kathy helps me make time each week for some hand work and this means I do eventually finish my various embroidery projects but they do take me a long time.

Over the last couple of weeks I've worked on the millennium sampler.


I still haven't finished the horse - in fact the horseman is still headless but I have got most of this picture completed and I have done more work on the border.


I have also done some work on the crewel embroidery. Again I haven't done much but I finished the numbers and some of the flowers.


This afternoon I settled down to watch Sense and Sensibility on TV and continued the stitching on the hexi block. There was only one seam to do on this row but I still had the next row to add.


By the end of the film I had a completed block.


Now all I need to do is stitch this to the backing fabric. I haven't started work on the orange hexi block so I'll work on that during the week. I spent some time this week hunting out my christmas tree cross stitch. I started this last year and need to do some more work on it as we move towards Christmas.


I know I won't complete the piece this year but it will be interesting to see how far I can get..

Tomorrow is a work day and I need to get into the office early so I'd better pack my stitching away and sort out clothes and things for tomorrow. This is a busy week and I need to get some sleep. My Jawbone UP wristband is always telling me I don't get enough sleep. Before I snuggle down in bed I'm linking this post with Slow Sunday Stitching

Have a great week.

Lyndsey

3 comments:

  1. Lyndsey, your sampler is fabulous! Wow - all your handwork is great; you've got a lot of neat stuff going on!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. There's nothing better than stitching along with Jane Austen!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is just wonderful, Lyndsey.

    ReplyDelete