Monday 12 January 2015

Oopps I started another cross stitch.

I finished the bear cross stitch at the end of last week and so I needed to think about what to do next. I'm so pleased to have finished something so early in the year please forgive me for showing the piece again.


I'm still working on the millenium sampler and if bored with cross stitch I have the block for the 'its a dog's life' quilt. Last week I worked on both of these and i must admit I quite like having several pieces on the go. I have several quilts and dressmaking WIP's that I work on so why not hand stitching.

Anyway to start my hand stitching I did the tailors tacks in my jacket pieces. That didn't take very long. Next I stitched some hexagons for Lucy's grandmother's garden quilt.  I now need to cut some more templates and fabric.

I didn't fancy either the millenium sampler or the dog's life block so I decided to go through the drawer which has my other embroidery pieces. Early last year I found a number of pieces that had been put away and forgotten about for ages. One of these was the 'Butterfly Catchers' that I finished last week but I have several others.

I finally decided to pick a small piece. I have a number of small kits that I've been given and decided to finish the Tigger one. I completed the one at the front of the photo of two bluetits last year.


To finish my slow stitching Sunday I enjoyed some cross stitching whilst watching a film. The strips on Tigger are starting to take shape.


I'm linking this post with Slow stitching Sunday at Kathy's Quilts.  

For now I'm putting the sewing away and I'm going to snuggle up with a new book on my kindle that was recommended by one of my blog friends (I can't remember who but I'll let you know in the next post).

Lyndsey


6 comments:

  1. I only ever tried cross stitch once, and my eyes crossed...lol. Giving you credit!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cross stitch is like potato chips, you can't have just one ")
    Tigger is coming along nicely!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like you have lots of lovely projects to work on...Tigger is looking good :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. At our next Embroiderers Guild meeting we have to bring along one of our oldest WIP's, like you I have several to choose from :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's always nice to have a hand project in the works and your cross stitch is truly lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like to have a choice of projects too!

    ReplyDelete