Sunday 22 June 2014

Votes for Women top finished.

This week has been really good (apart from still not having my computer back and my sewing machine not being home yet.) On Monday evening we went to the Eagles concert at the O2 arena. The tour is 'The history of the Eagles' and the first half of the concert looked at their early days back in the early 1970's. This was fun for me as I remember seeing them in Barnes when they were recording their first two albums at Olympic studios. Barnes is an area in South west London on the Thames. The concert was great fun. The O2 is a good venue as the acoustics are excellent but getting out of the building takes ages. 

On Wednesday I had some sewing time and finally added the white border to the 'Votes for Women' quilt. This quilt was started back in 2012 when Barbara Brackman run her block of the week series at Grandmother's choice


As you can see from the photo I haven't even removed all the loose threads yet. I was so excited to have finished it I just had to take a photo and send to my daughter. Scamp just thought it was for him to curl up on. As always the colours are not quite right. The sashing is a deep purple rather than blue. 

So that is my first goal for June completed. I am going to take this top and the backing plus wadding into work on Monday and once I've finished my working day I'm going to make my quilt sandwich using the large table in the conference room. It will be heaven to be able to get the job done without having to crawl round the floor. Once that's done this quilt will have to wait to be quilted as I am making a quilt for a customer and once I get my machine back I need to get on and do the quilting.

On another positive note we are almost at the end of the academic year. I've still got a lot of marking to do but that needs to be finished in the next week. then I have the summer for sewing. I am really looking forward to catching up with my projects. I'm linking this post with Link a finish Friday over at Richard and Tanya Quilts.

I hope you are having a good weekend. The weather here in London is hot and sunny making me want to get out and go somewhere but I must finish marking first.

Lyndsey


2 comments:

  1. The quilt is beautiful and the photo bomber is precious!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It turned out great and I love the colors you used!

    ReplyDelete